Specsheet is a general tool that’s appropriate in many different scenarios. Listed here are some situations where it can be used.
- Securing a public server — Checking that SSH is locked down, that UFW is running and has rules present, and that systemd services are active.
- Testing a website during development — Checking on the responses to HTTP requests, and making the same check document work on both the development and live versions.
- Testing a command-line program — Checking on the results of running a program, and making the same check document work with a development version.
- Continually monitoring a website or service — Checking an HTTP service continually, and reporting when an error occurs.
- Testing with TAP — How to produce and consume TAP test results.